How to Apply for Access to Inuit Owned Lands
- Application forms for access to Inuit Owned Lands and instructions for their completion are available online at the KIA Land Administration website. This website integrates the online KIA land application process with GIS mapping functionality.
- Once an application has been received along with the appropriate fees, maps, and other accompanying documents, it will be reviewed by KIA Land Administration. The application will then be sent to the appropriate Community Land and Resource Committee (CLARC) for further review. Upon approval or denial, the applicant will be notified within a reasonable amount of time.
- Each license carries with it a set of environmental, cultural/archaeological, and enforcement terms and conditions which must be adhered to. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in the cancellation of the license and removal from the land.
- Depending on the type, location, and/or season of the proposed operation, special terms or conditions may be added to the standard ones by the CLARCs or by KIA Land Administration if deemed necessary.
- The application process for Commercial and Residential leases is similar to that above, although the review process is more extensive.