Administration of all lands-related matters, in the Kivalliq region including:
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for land management in coordination with the RIAs and the NTI Lands Department.
- Acquiring funding for and implementing an environmental clean-up strategy for both Inuit Owned and Crown Lands in the Kivalliq Region.
- In concert with Sakku Investments Corporation, the investment arm of the KIA, promoting responsible land resource based economic development to mining companies, tourism operators, and others.
- Interacting and coordinating with the Resource Management Boards on issues relating to land usage and its effects on wildlife and other resources.
- Issuing licenses, land leases, and other development activities.
- Inspecting of all lands under a license and enforcement of regulations pertinent to the use of these lands.