Support Fund Form
The purpose of the Traditional Activities Support Fund is to provide a one-time financial contribution to Kivalliq Inuit Beneficiaries which support traditional activities that encourage safety through self-isolation and physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Traditional Activities Support Fund is part of the Kivalliq Inuit Association’s COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund with support from the Indigenous Community Support Fund of the Government of Canada.
All Kivalliq Inuit beneficiaries 18 and over are eligible to apply to receive a one-time contribution per household towards essential and necessary supplies in any or all of the following selected categories;
- Country Food Harvesting: food, ammunition, equipment, gas, oil, heating fuel, kerosene, naphtha,
- Traditional Arts & Crafts: sewing materials, furs, carving tools and supplies, etc
- On the Land Activities: food, ammunition, equipment, gas, oil, heating fuel, kerosene or naphtha
Applications may include combined activities in any/all of the eligible categories (Example: an application may include support for on-the-land activities + Arts and Crafts in one application)
Priority will be given to Inuit who commit to physical/social distancing activities on the land or at home KIA will allocate funding in a manner which supports fair distribution across all Kivalliq communities, as funding/public health conditions allow.
How to apply
- Application forms are available at your local KIA CLO office, or at kivalliqinuit.ca
- Applications will be accepted from April 14 to June 15, 2020 with a deadline of 4PM each Friday.
- Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis; applications may take up to 7 days to be processed.
The submission of a completed application does not guarantee funding. Approved applications will be disbursed as a one-time payment by cheque or Direct Deposit to those who provide bank account information into Royal Bank of Canada or Canadian Imperial Bank of Canada accounts only.
***PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE RECIEPTS TO KIA UPON COMPLETION OF THE TRADITIONAL ACTIVITIES SUPPORTEDNON-COMPLIANCE MAY RESULT IN ADJUSTMENTS ON PERSONAL INCOME TAX.
Completed applications can be forwarded to:
- Your local KIA CLO office
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org NO FAXED SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
For more information email: email@example.com